Monday, July 7, 2008

We Want Jesus to Return!

We’re always adding things to the website and we hope you benefit from them. We’ve got a couple new songs that will be added to the “Music” tab in the next few days. The titles are A Brand New Song and Wayfaring Stranger. Let me tell you the story behind each one.

Wayfaring Stranger. This was recorded by my band called the Mojos back in the 60s. A long time ago! At that time, I was not a Christian. God had not called me at that point of my life. Back then, I was playing music in dives in Calumet City, Indiana, and in bars in the Old Town section of Chicago. My band played this song simply because we liked it. We had no idea what the words meant. After I was baptized in 1971, I re-looked at these words and then realized their meaning that we are pilgrims and sojourners in this life as we wait for the return of Jesus to rule the earth as King of Kings. The quality of the recording is not that great. If was initially recorded analog on reel-to-reel tape, then transferred to cassette tape, and then transferred to digital CD. I hope you enjoy the music and I hope that the words bring you inspiration.

A Brand New Song. This is song that I wrote not that long ago. The message of the song is really meaningful to me, but the music is somewhat of a lark. One evening, I thought I would try to record the song by laying down all the vocal tracks myself. All the voices you hear on the recording are mine. This is obviously not studio-quality, but I hope you will like it anyway. This song also deals with the return of Jesus.

The return of Jesus should consume our lives! Telling the world of His return should be an overriding obsession of our lives!

Thy Kingdom come!